John LaBarca, CFA, CPA
Portfolio Manager, Shareholder
John is a member of our investment team and joined Vision Capital in 2015. He has an extensive background as a portfolio manager specializing in quantitative and fundamental research.
John is the kind of person who sees something bad happen and steps into fix it. After witnessing too much fraud in the financial services industry, he decided to become an analyst to help investors take some of the risk and volatility out of equity investing. Hailing from New York, John has adapted to Portland well thanks to his love of coffee and soccer. If he’s not playing or watching soccer on the weekends, he’s coaching his daughters’ teams and trying figure out how to squeeze in a round of golf.
- CFA Charter, 2005, CFA Institute
- CPA (Not Practicing)
- CFA Society of Portland
- CFA Institute
- Portland Alternative Investment Association
- Member, School Advisory Council at The Madeleine School
- Member, St. Mary’s Academy Investment Committee
- Treasurer, Portland Alternative Investment Association, 2013 to 2016
- Masters in Business Administration, The Fuqua School of Business at Duke University, 2002
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, University of Notre Dame, 1997